Friday, July 4, 2008

Last Blog from Ghana

Hello again!

The team is leaving in just a little while. Yesterday was a great day of discussion and debriefing. We also had a farewell ceremony thrown for us by the Manna Mission staff. It was very nice of them. The staff at Manna have been such servants and have been a pleasure to do ministry along-side. We will miss them dearly.

During the trip the SMI team has made some estimates of the medical work that was preformed:

- Doctors, nurses and med. students saw around 1,000 patients
- There were around 12 surgeries preformed
- Around 10 babies were delivered
- 500 glasses were given out at the traveling eye-clinic
- Dozens of people have given their lives to Christ

And 48 people will forever be changed in how they view the relationship between healing, medicine and Christ.

Once again, as I have personally experienced myself before, I feel that I have been blessed by the Ghanains I have worked with far more than I could have blessed them by being there.

It was a great trip!

No comments: